This is a very focused and specific consulting engagement. The deliverable is a business needs versus IT capability gap analysis with specific recommendations to close the gap.
Who would gain the greatest value from this engagement?
- Companies with IT issues, significant systems failure, pending refresh of technology, communication challenges between IT and the business, and/or priority conflicts
- A business facing significant changes, including mergers, expansion, or acquisitions
- Business leaders who don’t understand how to manage and leverage IT as a critical business advantage
What do we do?
- A series of one-on-one executive interviews to determine the business direction, strategy, and technology management aptitude.
- An IT audit of all hardware, software, and system architecture against industry standards and best practices.
- Compare the requirements of number 1 against the realities of number 2 and develop a specific set of recommendations to close the gap.
This is typically a 35-70 page report. The recommendations can easily be developed into a specific set of Statements of Work for use in closing the gap between the business needs and IT’s capabilities.